Rare earth magnesium ferrosilicon alloy refers to the alloy prepared by adding calcium, magnesium and rare earth to ferrosilicon. It is also called magnesium alloy nodulizer. It is added as nodulizer in the production of ductile iron to change flake graphite into spherical graphite. It can significantly improve the strength of cast iron, and at the same time has the functions of degassing, desulfurization and deoxidation. The use in metallurgy and foundry industry is increasing day by day. Among them, magnesium is the main spheroidizing element, which has a direct impact on the spheroidizing effect of graphite.
Physical Properties of Rare Earth Magnesium Ferrosilicon Alloy
Rare earth magnesium ferrosilicon alloy is a gray-black solid, which is made of ferrosilicon as raw material, and the ratio of calcium, magnesium and rare earth is adjusted to the optimal range to make it react smoothly. The casting thickness of each brand of rare earth magnesium ferrosilicon alloy does not exceed 100mm; the standard particle size of rare earth magnesium ferrosilicon alloy is 5~25mm and 5~30mm. According to different purposes, customers can specify special granularity, such as: 5~15mm, 3~25mm, 8~40mm, 25~50mm, etc.
Rare earth magnesium ferrosilicon alloy inspection standard:
1. The quality inspection and acceptance of rare earth magnesium ferrosilicon alloys shall comply with the requirements of GB/T3650-1995 “General Provisions on Ferroalloys, Packaging, Storage and Transportation, Marking and Quality Certificates”.
2. The collection and preparation of samples for chemical analysis shall be carried out according to GB/T4010-1994 “Collecting and Preparation of Samples for Chemical Analysis of Ferroalloys”.
3. GB/T13274-1991 was used for particle size experiment of rare earth magnesium ferrosilicon alloy. Rare earth magnesium ferrosilicon alloy for export, particle size requirements: standard particle size is 5~25mm, 5~30mm, if the supplier and the buyer have special requirements on the particle size, it can be negotiated.
4. The weight appraisal is carried out according to the standard of SN/T0188-1993 “Regulations for Weight Appraisal of Imported and Exported Commodities – Appraisal of Weighing Apparatus”.
Precautions for Rare Earth Magnesium Ferrosilicon Alloy:
1. Rare earth magnesium ferrosilicon alloys can be shipped in bulk, containers, bags, etc. as required. Rare earth magnesium ferrosilicon alloy is included in the “International Dangerous Regulations”, so the packaging is usually included in the export inspection items. The bag packaging is usually 25KG plastic woven bag or ton container bag. Special attention should be paid to the representativeness of sampling when inspecting the goods packed in tons of bags.
2. Pay attention to the variety, separate storage and batch management of rare earth magnesium ferrosilicon during storage and transportation.