Silicon-barium alloy inoculant is a kind of compound used to add alloy in casting production, which has the functions of promoting grain refinement in alloy and improving casting performance. However, before using the silicon-barium alloy inoculant, the following points should be noted:
1. Safety precautions: Silicon-barium alloy inoculant is a flammable and explosive compound. It should be stored away from direct sunlight, high temperature, and humidity. Wear protective glasses, masks, gloves, and other personal protective equipment when using, and keep well-ventilated to avoid direct inhalation.
2. Temperature control: The silicon-barium alloy inoculant needs to be melted before use, so the heating temperature and time need to be controlled. In general, add the silicon-barium alloy inoculant into the casting furnace, control the heating temperature above 1500°C, and keep it for 15-20 minutes, so that it can be completely melted and the casting short is fully reacted to achieve the ideal inoculation effect.
3. Dosage control: The amount of silicon-barium alloy inoculant will affect the inoculation effect. Usually, the amount of silicon-barium alloy inoculant added is 1.5~2% of the total casting alloy mass. The excessive amount will waste resources. At the same time, It is also easy to lead to an increase in production costs. Therefore, it is necessary to fully evaluate the usage amount before using the silicon-barium alloy inoculant to avoid waste and resource consumption.
4. The theme of the operation process: the addition of silicon-barium alloy inoculant should be a rigorous and standardized process, which needs to meet certain operation process requirements. Under normal circumstances, after the silicon-barium alloy inoculant is completely melted, the casting operation should be carried out at an appropriate time. After the silicon-barium alloy inoculant is completely mixed, the casting alloy is added to ensure the smooth flow of the alloy and maximize the use of the silicon-barium alloy inoculant. role.
5. Inspection quality: The quality of the silicon-barium alloy inoculant has an important impact on the grain refinement in the casting process, so strict inspection of its quality is required. In general, the quality and purity of the inoculant can be judged by detecting the melting temperature, metal color, and composition of the silicon-barium alloy inoculant.
In short, before using the silicon-barium alloy inoculant, it is necessary to fully consider safety factors, temperature control, dosage control, operation process, and quality inspection to ensure that the casting process can achieve the desired effect, and at the same time comply with relevant industrial norms and standards, to ensure personal safety and the sustainable development of the production environment.