Those in the steelmaking and foundry industries are no strangers to silicon-calcium alloys. Although it is a very common product, some customers still ask whether the silicon-calcium alloy is a deoxidizer or an inoculant. Yes, calcium silicon alloys have many uses. , played an important role in many fields. The following engineers from Anyang Li with many years of work experience will introduce the silicon-calcium alloy in detail for us:
Silicon-calcium alloys are composite alloys composed of the elements silicon, calcium and iron. Its main components are silicon and calcium, and it also contains different amounts of impurities such as iron, aluminum, carbon, sulfur, and phosphorus. It is an ideal composite deoxidizer. Widely used in the production of high-carbon steel, low-carbon steel, stainless steel, nickel-based alloys, titanium-based alloys and other special alloys; also suitable for heating agents in converter steelmaking workshops. It can be used as an inoculant for cast iron and an additive for the production of ductile iron. The graphitization ability of the calcium-silicon alloy inoculant is 1.5-2 times greater than that of the 75FeSi inoculant, which can significantly increase the number of eutectic clusters.
Calcium silicon powder is a powder alloy obtained by crushing, grinding and sieving silicon calcium alloy.
Why are silicon-calcium alloys often used as deoxidizers?
Calcium and silicon have a high affinity with oxygen, and the deoxidized products are easy to float and discharge, so the molten steel deoxidized by silicon-calcium alloy is relatively pure. In steelmaking and special alloys, silicon-calcium alloys are often used as deoxidizers.
Calcium silicon is mainly used as an inoculant for cast iron. Calcium-silicon alloy has a robust reducing ability and is also used as a deoxidizer in steelmaking.
Calcium silicon alloy application:
1. Both calcium and silicon have a strong affinity for oxygen. Calcium, in particular, has a strong affinity for oxygen and sulfur and nitrogen. Silicon-calcium alloy is an ideal composite binder and is desulfurized.
2. Silicon alloy not only has strong deoxidation ability, and the deoxidized products are easy to float and discharge, but it also can improve the performance of steel, and improve the plasticity, impact toughness and fluidity of steel.
3. Silicon-calcium alloy can replace aluminum for final deoxidation and is used to produce special steel and special alloy. For example, steel grades such as rail steel, low carbon steel, and stainless steel, as well as special alloys such as nickel-based alloys and titanium-based alloys,
4. Silicon-calcium alloy can be used as an inoculant of cast iron and an additive in the production of ductile iron.
5. Calcium-silicon alloy is also suitable as a heating agent for converter steel training workshops.