Metallic silicon powder: it is a powdered silicon powder made from metallic silicon (industrial silicon) after grinding.
Silicon metal, also known as crystalline silicon or industrial silicon, is mainly used as an additive for non-ferrous alloys. Industrial silicon is also used as an alloying agent for silicon steel with strict requirements, a deoxidizer for smelting special steel types and non-ferrous alloys. After a series of processes, industrial silicon can be drawn into single crystal silicon for use in the electronics industry.
The use of metal silicon powder
1. Metal silicon powder is widely used in refractory materials and powder metallurgy industries to improve the high temperature resistance, wear resistance and oxidation resistance of products. Its products are widely used in steelmaking furnaces, kilns and kiln furniture.
2. In the organic silicon chemical industry, metal silicon powder is the basic raw material for the synthesis of organic silicon polymers, such as used in the production of silicon monomers, silicone oil, and silicone rubber preservatives, thereby improving the high temperature resistance, electrical insulation, and corrosion resistance of products Anti-corrosion, anti-corrosion, waterproof and other characteristics.
3. Metal silicon powder is drawn into single crystal silicon, and the processed silicon wafer is widely used in high-tech fields, and is an indispensable raw material for integrated circuits and electronic components.
4. In the metallurgical casting industry, metal silicon powder is used as a non-ferrous alloy additive and a silicon steel alloy agent to improve the hardenability of steel. Industrial silicon powder can also be used as a reducing agent for certain metals, for new ceramic alloys, etc.
Silicon fume, also known as silica fume, is the soot recovered from the production process of metal silicon or ferroalloy. Since the silicon dioxide contained in silicon fume is very high and the particles are extremely fine, it is not only in the rubber , paint industry, and is also widely used in concrete and other industries! Silica fume is pozzolanic active.
Silica fume use:
1. Control the segregation and bleeding of concrete materials, reduce or avoid concrete defects such as honeycomb, pitted surface, weak interlayer, cracks and milk skin.
2. Improve the compressive strength of concrete. Experiments have proved that silica powder can greatly improve the strength of concrete.
3. Improve the durability of concrete, improve the impermeability, frost resistance, abrasion resistance and corrosion resistance of concrete.
4. Improve the carbonization resistance of concrete. For reinforced concrete, adding silicon micropowder can not only improve the bonding strength between the matrix and the steel bar, but also enhance the corrosion resistance of the steel bar.
5. Improve the fluidity and density of refractory materials, improve the high temperature strength and thermal shock resistance of refractory materials.
The most important point is that there is a big difference in price between silicon powder and metal silicon powder. The price of metal silicon powder is several times that of silicon powder.