Ferrosilicon(FeSi) is made from semi-coke, silica, steel chips, and other products as raw materials, and is smelted by continuous operation in an open or semi-closed reduction furnace. The appearan...
Description of Ferrosilicon
Ferrosilicon(FeSi) is made from semi-coke, silica, steel chips, and other products as raw materials, and is smelted by continuous operation in an open or semi-closed reduction furnace. The appearance of ferrosilicon is silver gray with a metallic luster, which can be processed into ferrosilicon lump, ferrosilicon granule, or ferrosilicon powder, according to customer requirements.
The main uses of ferrosilicon are deoxidizers and alloying agents for steelmaking, inoculants, and nodularizing agents for cast iron, and are also widely used in magnesium metal and chemical industries.
Ferro Silicon Grade: FeSi75/ FeSi72/ FeSi70/ FeSi65; FeSi45/ FeSi15.
Chemical Composition: Si, Al, Ca, Mn, Cr, P, S, C, Fe, and other elements.
Size: 0-3mm, 3-10mm, 10-50mm, or as the customer required.
Packaging Details: 1mt or 1.25mt per big bag, and also can be customized as the customer requires.
Specification of Ferrosilicon
• Deoxidizer: Ferrosilicon can ensure the quality of steel during the steelmaking process while being used as a deoxidizer for precipitation and diffusion deoxidation.
• Alloying Agent: Ferro silicon can significantly improve the strength, hardness, and elasticity of steel while adding it to steelmaking.
• Inoculant and Nodulizer: Ferrosilicon can be used as an inoculant and spheroidizer in the cast iron industry. The iron silicon alloy can prevent the iron to format carbides and concurrently promote the precipitation and spheroidization of graphite.
• Reducing Agent: High silicon ferrosilicon has a very low content of carbon, ferro silicon is a reducing agent for producing low-carbon ferroalloys in the ferroalloy industry.
• Magnesium smelting: 75 ferrosilicon alloys are often used in the high-temperature smelting process of metal magnesium.
• Suspended phase: Milled silicon and atomized silicon can be used in the mineral processing industry as the suspended phase.
• Coating: Ferrosilicon powder can be used as a coating for welding rods.
Among the above usage, the steelmaking industry, the foundry industry, and the ferroalloy industry are the largest users, which consume more than 90% of ferrosilicon. Among the different grades of ferrosilicon, 75# ferrosilicon raw materials are the most widely used. In the steelmaking industry, it takes about 3-5kg of 75# ferrosilicon to produce 1T steel.
Ferrosilicon for Steelmaking
The steel industry is the most important downstream industry of ferroalloys. More than 60% of the downstream demand for ferrosilicon is in the steel industry. Therefore, the output of steel has a decisive impact on the price of ferro silicium, and the cyclicality of the steel industry also drives the cyclical fluctuation of the price of ferrosilicon.
The ferro silicon suppliers in China are mainly sold to Japan, South Korea, United Arab Emirates, India, United States and Brazil. In 2021, with the recovery of the global economy in the post-epidemic era, overseas ferroalloy demand will be strong, and the price of ferroalloy will rise sharply.
The spot market price of ferro silicio is cross-referenced with the tender price of steel mills. The current price of ferrosilicon has a guiding role in the bidding time of steel mills. The timing of the tenders reflects mills’ expectations for future ferrosilicon prices. On the other hand, steel prices and purchase volumes also have a certain impact on ferrosilicon futures prices.
In the cost of ferrosilicon, electricity accounts for 60%-70%, which has the greatest impact on the cost of ferrosilicon; blue carbon accounts for 25%-30%; raw silicon dioxide accounts for 2%, and silica has little impact on the cost of ferrosilicon.
Ferroalloy smelting is a highly polluting and energy-intensive industry, and electricity costs account for a high proportion of its costs. In addition to production and supply costs, there is also the impact of the dual-control policy on energy consumption and the policy of curtailment of electricity and production. The short-term rise and fall of ferroalloy prices are often dominated by policy.
LSFerroalloy is a professional ferrosilicon supplier with more than 20 years experience of in manufacturing and trading. we provide ferrosilicon powders (including milled ferrosilicon and atomized ferrosilicon), ferrosilicon granules, and ferrosilicon lumps with any particle sizes and content.
Anyang Lishi Industrial is an expert in ferrosilicon 75#, ferrosilicon72#, etc. We are a professional ferrosilicon alloy manufacturer, we can give the customers professional advice and the competitive price of ferrosilicon alloy.
Click Here To Get Ferrosilicon Testing Report From The Third Party