Graphitized petroleum coke (GPC) is a black or dark gray hard solid petroleum product with metallic luster and porosity. It is a carbonite composed of tiny graphite crystals in the form of granular...
Description of Graphite Petroleum Coke
Graphitized petroleum coke (GPC) is a black or dark gray hard solid petroleum product with metallic luster and porosity. It is a carbonite composed of tiny graphite crystals in the form of granular, columnar, or needle-shaped. Petroleum coke components are hydrocarbons, containing more than 99% carbon, and also contain nitrogen, chlorine, sulfur, and heavy metal compounds. Graphitized petroleum coke recarburizer is a product that uses calcined petroleum coke as raw material, puts calcined petroleum coke in a graphitization furnace, undergoes high-temperature graphitization, undergoes physical and chemical reactions, and removes sulfur and ash, and other impurities. Sometimes called artificial graphite recarburizer, when used as a recarburizer, it is often called an ultra-low sulfur/low nitrogen recarburizer. Graphite petroleum coke is made from high-quality petroleum coke at a temperature of 2,500-3,500°C.
Graphite Petroleum Coke （GPC）
Specification of Graphite Petroleum Coke
|Graphite Petroleum Coke （GPC）||1max||0.3max||0.5max||98.5%||0.05ma|
Graphitized petroleum coke is widely used in industry. It is used as a recarburizer in metallurgy, casting, and precision casting; it is used to make high-temperature crucibles in smelting, lubricants in the mechanical industry, and to make electrodes and pencil cores; Graphitized petroleum coke is widely used in Advanced refractory materials and coatings in the metallurgical industry, stabilizers for pyrotechnic materials in the military industry, pencil leads in the light industry, carbon brushes in the electrical industry, electrodes in the battery industry, catalysts in the fertilizer industry, etc. Graphitized petroleum coke can be used in graphite, smelting, and chemical industries depending on its quality.
(1) High carbon: high purity 98.5-99.5%.
(2) Low sulfur: 0.01% to 0.05% low sulfur, stable distribution, can effectively reduce the adverse effect of sulfur on the alloy during the spheroidization and inoculation process, and save costs.
(3) Low nitrogen: nitrogen content 50 PPM~300 PPM (0.005%-0.03%).
(4) High carbon recovery rate: 92-98%.
(5) Fast absorption: easy to dissolve iron.
(6) High graphite core and a high degree of graphitization: it can reduce the shrinkage tendency of molten iron and improve the mechanical properties of castings.
(7) Even if pig iron is not added, it may increase the amount of scrap steel and reduce the demand for pig iron. The genetic influence of pig iron castings is well avoided.
(8) Stable vaporization, good absorption rate, obvious heating effect: no slag. It can effectively protect and extend the life of the furnace and reduce the consumption of the furnace lining.
Graphite Petroleum Coke
The production cost is the main reason for the unstable price of graphitized petroleum coke recarburizer. It should be known that the production of graphitized petroleum coke recarburizer requires the use of a graphitization furnace that consumes a lot of power. During certain periods, electricity prices will rise or fall. The production cost of graphitized petroleum coke recarburizer makes the price of graphitized petroleum coke recarburizer less stable.
The price of raw materials is also the main reason for the unstable price of graphitized petroleum coke recarburizer. When producing graphitized petroleum coke recarburizer, semi-coke, and natural graphite are sometimes required. These raw materials will change with the seasonality of the market.
Another factor that cannot be ignored is the change in supply and demand. The amount of recarburizer in the foundry field accounts for less than 5% of the total petroleum coke. When the supply and demand of other major application industries change, the price of recarburizer will also change accordingly. Therefore, it is impossible for the steelmaking and foundry industries to maintain relatively stable prices.
Click Here To Get Graphite Petroleum Coke Testing Report From The Third Party